The floor plan of this home is easy. A true entry foyer that is both welcoming and practical makes you feel right at home.
The expanded and updated kitchen has lots of good work and storage spaces. A generous breakfast area overlooks the deck and large back yard. A mud room with ample, custom storage is perfectly located right next to the back door.
The comfy family room has lots of light and is easily accessible from the kitchen and dining room.
The 'formal ' rooms are not stiff and aloof but warm and inviting .
The beamed dining room ceiling with the original built in makes entertaining a breeze. A bay window in the living
room is complemented by the fireplace wall and original tile surround.
The second floor has a master with private bath, two bedrooms, a tandem and a hall bath.
A wonderful 3rd floor has a bedroom, newer bath and storage.
All in all, this inviting home offers its owner comfort, character, convenience and charm. So,
please come in and make yourself at home!
List of household improvements:
Kitchen renovation: Spring 2009:
Architect: Mike Venechuk
Contractor: Legacy Contractors
- Expanded and updated the kitchen.
- Including bay window with eat-in area.
- Mudroom and powder room.
- Kitchen cabinets by Amish carpentry: River woodworking, Wolcottville, Indiana.
- Granite countertops.
- Closed off crawl space and insulated under the family room
- Added oak built in desk for computer, in family room.
New furnace, air conditioner and chimney liner installed: November 2012
RA Shavitz, Inc.
Third floor renovation: Summer 2012
Architect: Susan Rundle
Contractor: Zigmil Contractors
- insulated attic, installed skylight and new closets. Bathroom on third floor remodeled, new shower and fixtures.
- Heating and cooling system: Futijsu unit
- Futijsu also installed in back room on second floor.
- New cellular shades installed.
Custom made Marvin windows, to match Prairie style trim in the house: September 2014.
- Windows replaced living room, dining room and landing to second floor.
- Windows replaced in master bed room.